Drupal is a popular open source content management system. With its powerful and advanced features, you can build complex websites with ease, compared to building them from scratch. With the support of a huge community and a big number of available modules, no wonder Drupal is a system you keep hearing about over and over again.
In this guide, we are going to discover Drupal using a pragmatic approach. We will create a Drupal site with a custom content type and views.
Ready? Let’s dive right into this immensely powerful content management system.
By the end of this guide, you will:
- Learn the benefits and disadvantages of using Drupal
- Install Drupal
- Understand the Drupal back-end
- Learn about Drupal modules
- Explore the Administer page
- Create and publish content
- Create custom content types with the Content Construction Kit
- Create Views
- Create Page view displays
- Create Block view displays
- Learn about Drupal themes